Friday, June 12, 2020

What's In The News This Week?

This week I found out that Elon Musk changed his baby's name from X Æ A-12  to  X Æ A-Xii. 

This is simply from the California law. "In Californiayou can only use the '26 characters' of the English language in your baby's name," "Thus, you can't have numbers, accents, umlauts, other symbols or emojis. 

From this law Elon and Grimes had to change their baby's name. 

Personally I think naming your child a name like this is absurd, what do you think?

The baby formerly known as X Æ A-12

3 comments:

  1. Hello Hannah!
    My name is Teegan, a year 8 student from YMS!
    I agree with you very strongly. Names are just names.
    They don't need to have numbers in them.
    I think names should just be as simple as Alexandra.
    Great Post!
    Kind Regards,

    - Teegan J. Ducharme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Teegan!
    I agree with you too but I don't really care if names are pretty hard but defiantly not like X Æ A-Xii. many hard names to pronounce are names from different clotures that people can't understand. But that name is absurd, even Elon and Grimes don't really now how they will pronounce this name. Hope you can understand,

    Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Hannah, I did not know that news so thanks for informing me. It seems riduculous. Naming babies is usually such an important tim for parents and many choose names with special meaning. I think it will be hard for the baby when school age!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.